The Canal Park Duluth neighborhood packs in all the features vacationers need for a wonderful day in the city. The fabulous lakefront location offers great views of Lake Superior and the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge. The Lakewalk pedestrian and biking path hugs the shoreline and connects the Canal Park Duluth District to the city parks, beaches, and downtown.
However, Canal Park is a vibrant area on its own, that includes great restaurants, unique shops, exciting entertainment, and activities. The charming streets are lined with inviting cafes and interesting stores. The city’s entertainment hub, the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) is also located in the Canal Park Duluth District. After a day strolling the lakefront, shopping and enjoying lunch, plan a perfect evening out to a concert, ballet or sports event. Then top off the night at one of the craft breweries or local pubs.
The beautiful Solglimt Bed and Breakfast sits right on the water’s edge in the lively Canal Park Duluth neighborhood. Solglimt Bed and Breakfast is a small, boutique Inn located on the pristine shores of Lake Superior. Guests enjoy easy access to all the Canal Park Duluth District attractions at this tranquil retreat. Wake each morning to a gourmet breakfast, and sweeping lake views from the rooftop deck, gardens or porches. Cozy up by the fire after a day of adventures in Duluth. Reserve your elegant guest suite with us today for a wonderful and restful vacation in the new year.
The Best of the Canal Park Duluth District
- Great Restaurants – The Canal Park Duluth neighborhood is overflowing with wonderful dining options. Plan a romantic date night at a candle-lit cafe or enjoy a relaxing lunch with sweeping lake views. Many restaurants offer sunny deck or patio dining during the warmer months and some even have cozy fire pits for cooler nights. Lake Ave Restaurant & Bar is a favorite for a special evening out and offers classy modern American fare. Bellisio’s serves amazing, fresh pasta dishes and is also a great spot to sip a flight of wine on their patio. When your craving the very best margarita go to Little Angie’s Cantina and Grill. In the summer their festive deck fills up with happy diners savoring delicious Tex-Mex cuisine. The historic Endion Station Public House offers satisfying casual dining in a restored railroad depot. Their large deck invites guests to stretch out with a craft beer or cider and enjoy the Lake Superior view.
- Fun Shops and Boutiques – Walking the Canal Park Duluth neighborhood you will be tempted by all the unique shops. The Dewitt-Seitz Marketplace also has 11 shops and restaurants to explore within the renovated 1909 warehouse. Add an activity to your shopping excursion at the art gallery and studio On the Rocks Art. They offer group painting classes with step-by-step instructions and the materials needed to create your own piece of art. Or try something completely new and learn the art of glass fusing at Lake Superior Art Glass. They offer beginning, intermediate and advanced classes in all types of glass arts.
- Entertainment and Sports – You’ll never run out of entertainment options in the Canal Park Duluth District because of the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC). It’s not only the home of the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra and the Minnesota Ballet but also the University of Minnesota Duluth hockey teams, and many other special events.
- Have an Adventure – Lake Superior, its beaches and the local history all offer exciting excursions and fascinating tours in and around the Canal Park Duluth neighborhood. The Duluth Experience has a great choice of sightseeing and recreational tours. Learn more about the history of Duluth, its craft beer community and hear amazing stories from the city’s colorful past. They also offer kayaking and biking with all transportation and gear included. The Vista Fleet not only has regular professionally narrated sightseeing tours, but they also offer dinner and specialty cruises as well. With the vast, crystal clear waters of Lake Superior, it’s no surprise that there are many options for chartered fishing trips. Book a charter boat and try your luck at catching lake trout, salmon, walleye, brown trout, and steelhead. Or get a whole new perspective of the lake on an aerial sightseeing tour through Beaver Air Tours.
- Check out the Craft Beers – Everyone knows that Duluth local love their beer and has a strong craft beer community. Stop by the local breweries, pubs and distilleries for a taste of the Canal Park Duluth District craft brews. Canal Park Brewing Company was one of the first to set up shop in Canal Park and it’s still a great place for tasty beer and pub food. See what’s on tap at Hoops Brewing and its inviting beer hall, with impressive windows showcasing their state-of-the-art brewery. Adjacent to Hoops Brewing, The Ripple Bar moved into the newly renovated, historic Marshall-Wells building where they create excellent cocktails. For a bit of the harder stuff, take a tour or try a flight at Vikre Distillery. They also serve creative cocktails and snacks.
Relax at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast
You’ll not have to wander far from the Solglimt Bed and Breakfast to access all the fun in the Canal Park Duluth neighborhood. Everything you need for an exciting and relaxing Duluth vacation is waiting for you at our serene bed and breakfast. Book your well-deserved getaway and we’ll see you in 2020!