The Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) has everything needed for an exciting evening of entertainment in Duluth. On the shores of beautiful Lake Superior, with panoramic views of the Aerial Lift Bridge and Duluth Harbor, find the hub of Duluth’s sports, arts and events. The DECC hosts thrilling ice hockey games, world-class concerts, and conventions for every interest. It’s also the home to the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra and the Minnesota Ballet. After an amazing concert, graceful ballet or heart-pounding game, enjoy a great dinner just steps aways in vibrant Canal Park. With a choice of romantic cafes and lively pubs, you’ll find the perfect place to top off an evening of great entertainment.
Also in Canal Park, find an oasis right on the water’s edge, at the Solglimt Bed and Breakfast. Our convenient location is close to all the attractions but feels like a serene retreat. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast each day with sweeping views of Lake Superior. Our perfectly appointed guest suites offer the comfort and elegance for relaxing and restorative getaway. Plan your Duluth escape and welcome the new year in style at the beautiful Solglimt Bed and Breakfast.
5 Awesome DECC Entertainment Choices
The DECC always offers an excellent variety of amazing entertainment and the 2020 line-up is no exception. No matter how you define an evening of great entertainment, you’ll find it here at the DECC. Check out what the new year offers:
- Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra – This dedicated group of professional musicians bring the classic sounds of the greatest composers to Duluth. However, this New Year’s Eve they invite you to bring rice and tissue paper to a night of The Music of Rocky Horror. Let’s do the time warp and ring in 2020 with the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra! For a more traditional night at the symphony, the orchestra will also offer two classical music performances. “Obsession” includes works by composers Berlioz, Daugherty, and Mendelssohn. Also join the celebration at “Happy Birthday, Ludwig!” marking Beethoven’s 250th birthday. The talented DSSO Chorus teams up with the symphony for this wonderful night of music.
- Concerts – In addition to classical music favorites, the DECC also hosts a wide variety of popular bands. The year kicks off with Christian music supergroup, Newsboys United and their “Greatness Of Our God Tour.” Chicago based alternative rock band, Wilco, makes Duluth their second stop on the “Ode to Joy Tour.” The crowd-energizing band, Home Free, fill the DECC with rich, Southern harmonies along with their quick witted-humor between songs. Their “Dive Bar Saints World Tour” promises a one-of-a-kind show.
- Conventions and Festivals – The DECC’s massive convention spaces host multiple, fascinating gatherings throughout the year. The Banff Mountain Film Festival starts 2020 with this 2 day event that includes movies, food, raffles and gear demonstrations. Planning a Duluth wedding in 2020? Then you cannot miss the Duluth Wedding Show with the largest lineup of local vendors to help you plan the perfect day. The combined Northland Outdoors Duluth Deer Classic and Duluth Boat, Sports, Travel, & RV Show conventions take over the entire downstairs of the DECC. This all-inclusive 5 day event brings avid fishermen and women, hunting enthusiast and anyone who loves the outdoors together.
- Sports – The DECC serves as the home ice for the University of Minnesota Duluth men and women’s hockey teams. Come out and cheer on the Bulldogs at a heart-pounding game that’s always an enjoyable and exciting experience. For a very different day on the ice, witness the graceful strength of the athletes at the Northland Figure Skating Competition.
- The Minnesota Ballet – The talented dancers begin the year with a bit of Shakespeare. A Midsummer Night’s Dream is brought to vivid life through dance and mime. Sit back and enjoy this popular comedy with star-crossed lovers and whimsical characters. While the 14th Annual Celebrity Dance Challenge shakes things up with every imaginable dance style on stage. The show includes ballet, ballroom, swing and jazz dance alongside more contemporary funk, hip-hop and salsa dancing as well.
Make 2020 a great year of entertainment at the DECC and plan a wonderful Duluth vacation on the shores of Lake Superior. The Solglimt Bed and Breakfast is the peaceful retreat that’s close to everything and a short walk to all the great events at the DECC. Reserve your elegant suite with us today and start dreaming of your 2020 getaway.