Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast Inn
We are both Duluth natives and therefore the perfect concierges for your visit.
Our hobbies are to travel to taste new foods, see original Kandinsky art, and view Frank Gehry architecture. By using those experiences to inspire our breakfasts, building, and landscaping, we’ve shared many fun days with our guests over the last two decades.
History of Solglimt Bed and Breakfast
Built as a two-room cabin in 1910, this inn on Lake Superior has been renovated (at the capable hands of our innkeeper) to match the exterior style of a late-1800s Victorian seaside cottage.
And that’s only the beginning. Solglimt also features:
- Porches and decks surrounding the home
- Views of Lake Superior and St. Louis Bay
- Gardens with local and regional award recognition
- Eclectic and contemporary interior design
- Open spaces, unique angles, and antique and modern furnishings
- Fireplaces for warmth
- A baby grand piano for entertainment
- And everything you could want for your comfort
You’ll look forward to all this and more at our Duluth, Minnesota bed and breakfast.
Your Hosts: Brian & Mary Grover
Green Award Winning
Solglimt was awarded a Green Designation from Green Routes. The reasons are clear: When staying at Solglimt you can leave your car behind. The beach, Lakewalk, and other great destinations are easy to reach on foot.
We also recycle and use environmentally friendly products, many of them locally produced. These choices are good for our guests and our community!
Read more about Solglimt’s Green Policy.
Our B&B Affiliations
Solgimt is proud to be a member of:
- Association of Independent Hospitality Professionals
- Professional Association of Innkeepers International
- Minnesota Bed & Breakfast Association, providing Quality Assurance Certification
- The Historic Inns of Duluth
- Visit Duluth
- ExploreMinnesota.com ©, the Explore Minnesota Tourism travel information website