Your room is ready.
Visit Solglimt, on the shores of Lake Superior—a getaway you’ll always remember, even if you’re in Duluth for work. Here, at your beach front bed and breakfast, we welcome you, want you to be comfortable, and await your arrival.
Our General Policies
- We welcome our guests to check in from 4 pm to 6 pm.
- Solglimt is a smoke-free bed and breakfast.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate children.
- We are unable to accommodate pets.
- Please check out by 11am.
General Reservation Policies
- Rental reservations must be guaranteed with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card at the time of booking.
- A non-refundable $50 booking fee will be charged at reservation time. This fee will be subtracted from the final bill.
- A tax of 11.875% will be added.
A two-night minimum is required for Friday or Saturday reservations, May through October. Exceptions may be made five days prior to the weekend. Please call.
Grandma’s Marathon Reservation
A three-night stay at the weekend rate is required for the weekend of Grandma’s Marathon. Days can include either a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday or Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only.
We are happy to accept gift certificates issued by Solglimt at any time. Gift certificates issued by the Minnesota Bed and Breakfast Association are accepted from November through May. Please mention that you will be using a gift certificate when making your reservation.
Our Cancellation Policies
Because of our size, cancellations affect us significantly. Therefore, we adhere to strict policies for cancellations and refunds. By making a reservation, you agree to the following terms:
- Cancellations, regardless of the reason, must be made 14 days prior to stay.
- Cancellations with less than 14 days’ notice will be charged to your credit card unless we are able to rebook the suite.
- The initial $50 booking fee is non-refundable.
- Solglimt is not responsible for unused rooms due to late or canceled airline flights, travel-related mishaps, threats of bad weather, or changes in plans that shorten your stay. Travel Insurance is available to inexpensively protect you against last-minute cancellations due to emergencies. We recommend Travel Guard.
For more information
- Call Brian or Mary Grover (the owners and innkeepers) at 218-260-2807.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write to us at Solglimt Bed & Breakfast, 828 Lake Avenue South, Duluth, MN, 55802-2404.