The snowmaking has begun on Spirit Mountain Duluth and it’s time to plan your winter getaway. The prime winter sports months will be here before you know it and Spirit Mountain offers every snowy activity:
- Fat Biking
- An Alpine Coaster
- Snow Tubing
- Nordic Trails
Spirit Mountain opened in 1974 and they have been expanding and improving the park ever since. Winter sports enthusiasts will find 22 ski runs, 175 skiable acres, amazing mountain top views, and great dining choices to keep you going all day. Find all these winter adventures just a short drive from downtown Duluth.
The elegant Solglimt Bed and Breakfast offers luxury accommodations right on the shores of Lake Superior. Enjoy easy access to superb Duluth restaurants, entertainment and shopping from our waterfront location. Have the best of both worlds on your winter vacation. Hit the slopes of Spirit Mountain during the day then a romantic evening exploring Duluth’s nightlife. Reserve your perfectly appointed guest suite with us for a thrilling escape to Spirit Mountain Duluth.
5 Best Reasons to Visit Spirit Mountain Duluth this Winter
Spirit Mountain is known as a premier ski park in the midwest and skiing is a main draw to this amazing park. However, there is so much more to this wonderful winter destination. So get fired up for the winter season at Spirit Mountain Duluth and check out the adventures beyond skiing:
- Biggest and Best Terrain Park in the Midwest – Known as the premiere terrain parks in the industry, beginner and pros will find thrills at the four freestyle terrain areas. The Spirit Park offers the best jump line and most creative jibs. In addition to a halfpipe this park also offers 7 jumps and 16 jibs. While the Lone Oak Tow Park has beginner boxes, intermediate rails, and advance jibs. Riders of all abilities will find jumps, boxes, and turns at the 18-Line and Shark Park.
- Glow Night Tubing – Spirit Mountain opens up the exciting tubing runs after the Christmas holiday. Get more runs in with the tubing lift with no trudging back up the Snow Tubing Hill. On Friday and Saturday nights add more thrills to your tubing runs on a glowing ride down the mountain. Pre-purchasing Glow Tubing Tickets is highly recommended for this very popular activity.
- New Nordic Ski Trails – Cross-country skiers have a new reason to explore the miles of beautifully wooded cross-country ski trails on Spirit Mountain. The newly opened Grand Ave Nordic Center also offers perfectly groomed double tracked Nordic trails, with a skate lane and regular snow making.
- Dine With a Breathtaking View – Playing in the snow is a hungry business and Spirit Mountain has several dining options from quick service to sit down cafes. However, it’s worth the ride up to the Moosehead Bar and Grill to enjoy a meal with legendary views of Lake Superior, St. Louis River and the City of Duluth.
- Spirit Mountain Events – Keep an eye on the events calendar throughout the year for great races and competitions. The last weekend in November the park hosts the 28th Annual AMSOIL Duluth National Snocross. Cheer on the top snowmobile racers as they take on the challenging Duluth course. While fat bike racers fly down the mountain on Frosted Fatty Weekend in January. This fun event also includes a cross country race, bike demos, food, and music.
Plan the perfect winter escape to Duluth that includes thrills on Spirit Mountain and total relaxation on the shores of Lake Superior. Soak tired muscles in your own private bath or warm up next to the fire in the evening. Then wake up every morning to a gourmet breakfast and an excellent custom coffee blend. Book a wonderful winter getaway to Duluth and Spirit Mountain.