Wondering about the availability of things to do in Duluth this summer? In these uncertain times, you need a place that you can rely on for comfort, peace, and tranquility. Let Solglimt Bed and Breakfast be your isolation station this summer. As cities and businesses slowly start to open back up we will be here, on the glimmering waters of Lake Superior, to welcome you! Located perfectly in downtown with access to a plethora of outdoor and secluded activities, Solglimt Bed and Breakfast will be your sanctuary. Book your room today!
10 Socially Distant Things to do in Duluth this Summer
After weeks of being stuck inside, wouldn’t it be nice to get a change of pace and scenery by staying at our peaceful Minnesota Inn? At Solglimt Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have the option of getting out and going for a much-needed adventure in the great outdoors or perhaps hanging out at our Bed and Breakfast amongst the serene landscape of Lake Superior will suit your needs for self-care. Either way, Solglimt Bed and Breakfast is the ideal home away from home. We’ve narrowed the extensive list of things to do In Duluth down to 10. If you are looking to get out safely and mindfully, here are 10 socially distant things to do in Duluth this summer.
- Walking around the Canal Park area. This is one of the top things to do in Duluth! Canal Park, which is steps away from our lakefront inn, is known for the interesting neighborhoods to walk around in, as well as a 4.2-mile long lakewalk along the shore, and watching large cargo ships arriving and departing from Duluth’s port during shipping season.
- Going for a hike might be the ideal way to socially distance yourself and Duluth has no shortage of trails in and around the city. Anywhere from rustic trails through forested woodlands to paved trails not far from dining and shopping. With 6,834 acres of city parkland as well, you’ll have plenty of room to isolate yourself and loved ones while getting some much needed fresh air. To learn more about different trails in the Duluth area visit the Parks and Recreation website.
- Bike riding is a great way to distance yourself from the herd and a popular activity of things to do in Duluth. The Duluth area has 85 miles of bike trails to wander around on. This town is known for the amazing array of biking from paved trails, such as the lakewalk along the picturesque Lake Superior, to mountain biking through wooded trails. Bike rentals are widely available throughout Duluth including Wheel Fun Rentals which is conveniently located in nearby Canal Park.
- Play a round of golf in the open air and summer sunshine! There are lots of golf courses in the Duluth area to choose from when looking for things to do in Duluth. Many courses in the area are still open to enjoy for relaxation and having fun. These courses have put in place safety procedures to ensure everyone is following social distancing guidelines. Advanced reservations are required and booking tee times online is highly encouraged.
- Don’t forget your fishing pole! Fishing is on the list of approved things to do in Duluth during Minnesota’s Covid-19 social restrictions. Spend hours out in a boat immersed in the peace and quiet that nature provides. Don’t have a pole? No problem! Options to rent fishing poles and rods are available throughout Duluth as well as boat rentals.
- Hang out at a city park! Grab a good book and head to one of many green spaces that Duluth has to offer. Why not turn it into a picnic by ordering out from a local restaurant! Much of the Duluth restaurants in the area offer some form of takeout or delivery.
- You’ve gone regular golfing already? Now it’s time for Frisbee Golf! What is frisbee golf? (or disc golf?) This is a modified version of golf except instead of a ball and clubs, you toss discs into a cage. The game is set up very much like golf with 9-18 hole courses. There are many parks that offer disc courses in the Duluth area to choose from. Many parks have rentals of discs on site. Check-in with individual parks for regular Covid-19 updates about hours of operation, rentals, etc.
- Birding is one of the best things to do in Duluth to get out away from any crowds of people and the Duluth birding scene is definitely worth the effort! The Duluth area on Lake Superior is an ideal spot for countless migratory species that pass through every year. The Duluth Audubon Society has a list of the best places to see these species and map to help you navigate your way around.
- See this gorgeous area from the water with a kayak or canoe rental. Because the social restrictions for Covid-19 may be lifting soon, some rental and touring establishments are taking inquiries and reservations for the summer months. One of those establishments is Day Tripper of Duluth. Definitely a must-do of things to do in Duluth!
- You may just feel like relaxing and taking in the views right from here without having to go anywhere. At Solglimt Bed and Breakfast, you can choose from hanging out on one of our numerous decks to watch the ships roll by on a summer’s day. You may also want to hunker down in your luxurious room and watch a movie for the afternoon. Sometimes, the best thing for the mind and body is to do nothing at all and have no place to go.
The Perfect Spot to Distance
At Solglimt Bed and Breakfast, we understand that we are in uncertain and stressful times. Fortunately, our Minnesota inn is located along the sparkling waters of Lake Superior to help you reset and renew as we move forward.
After a day of activity out in the open air and sunshine, relax in one of our comfortable and cozy guest suites. Curl up with your favorite book in your very own sitting nook. Enjoy a full gourmet breakfast each morning before going out on your day’s adventure. At Solglimt we have your ultimate comfort in mind. Book your room today!