Duluth Minnesota is a town that has been known for many things; a port city, ample outdoor recreation opportunities, and most recently, it’s an award-winning craft beer scene. The breweries in Duluth MN got their start in the mid-1800s when two breweries were established. Brewers took advantage of the pristine waters of Lake Superior to craft a delicious beverage that would later give this lake town a reputation as a destination for beer.
Most breweries are within walking distance or a short drive of our lakeshore Bed and Breakfast. We are here to welcome you for an ultimate getaway to our serene and peaceful Duluth Inn. Whether you want to check out a unique brewery or explore all this amazing town has to offer, Solglimt Bed and Breakfast will be your respite from the world. If you want the best lakefront getaway this summer after a long winter and spring book your stay with us today!
Our Favorite 10 Breweries in Duluth MN
The craft brewing era in Duluth began long after those first breweries were established. A company called the Lake Superior Brewing Co. began brewing batches in 1994 and from that point new breweries began popping up in town. These newer breweries and brewpubs still use the pure waters of Lake Superior to make the unique and diverse flavor and styles that Duluth is known for.
The educated beer community here has a sophisticated taste and that’s what keeps brew masters constantly putting out new and fun beverages. There are countless unique establishments for the beer lover here. These are our 10 favorite breweries in Duluth MN.
- Bent Paddle Brewing Company is a 30 barrel production craft brewery. The goal here is to “bend the tradition” of the classic style of breweries in Duluth MN with the inventiveness of new and edgier brews. Bent Paddle Brewing also provides huge community support. Since 2013 they have helped out numerous local non-profits through their “paddle it forward” initiative. Cheers!
- Canal Park Brewing Company offers a dozen brews on tap plus 2 cask beers. They have a family-friendly eatery with patio seating that overlooks the sparkling waters of Lake Superior. Within walking distance are shops and other attractions in the Canal Park area.
- At Hoops Brewing Company there are 30 different selections of handcrafted beer to choose from. During these times of social distancing, you can order crowlers online for curbside pickup. Their space is a classic beer hall with a bring your own food option. Many breweries in Duluth MN, including Hoops Brewing, let you pick up or have food delivered right to the taproom.
- The folks at Ursa Minor Brewing say “we believe in comfort beer”. To them, beer is the medium that brings people together. They offer a diversity of brews from a “Boysenberry Cherry Lactose Sour” to a coffee cream ale to a Pilsner made with 100% Minnesota ingredients.
- Fitger’s Brewhouse is Duluth’s original brewpub. They offer award-winning ales and lagers as well as their burgers being voted favorite burgers by Duluth Reader Weekly.
- Blacklist Brewing has earned numerous craft beer awards and even makes handcrafted hard seltzer. They are the only establishment that does this out of all the breweries in Duluth MN.
- Dubh Linn Brew Pub is an Irish pub and “nano-brewery”. They offer a classic pub menu that uses fresh, local ingredients. The nano-brewery is located in the cellar of the pub’s 125-year-old downtown location.
- Earth Rider Brewery is located just a few minutes away in Superior Wisconsin. They are an independent brewery that sustainably produces beer. Their taproom, called the cedar lounge, usually hosts live music or other special events. But because of the state of the world at this moment, the taproom is only open for takeout of 6 packs.
- 7 West Taphouse has everything from American lagers to small-batch craft beer. There are 5 locations in the area including 2 in Duluth. They have 46 beers on tap along with an extensive beer menu.
- Duluth Cider is not what comes to mind on a list of breweries in Duluth MN but this spot is a unique newcomer to the Duluth area. Duluth Cider is the first cidery in the city. They offer sweet to dry and even some hopped and experimental juice blend varieties. The owners have an interesting story about traveling the world to learn from masters before coming back to Duluth to start the cidery.
Relax at our Lakeshore Bed and Breakfast
After checking out the well-known breweries in Duluth MN and exploring the many places that make Duluth an exciting destination, come unwind at our Minnesota inn! You’ll enjoy a full gourmet breakfast every morning that includes a 3-course meal made with locally grown produce to help fuel up your day. You may choose to have your breakfast in our communal dining room or outside overlooking serene Lake Superior.
Our comfortable and elegant guest suites, all uniquely decorated, will help you to rest up while cares and worries melt away. If you are looking for a beautiful lakeside retreat this summer, we are here to welcome you! Book your room today!