There are many romantic things to do in Duluth, especially in February! Bundle up, grab your sweetheart, and head out for a day of sightseeing and winter adventure! Located on the shores of the incredibly beautiful and serene Lake Superior, Duluth is a town with lots to offer year-round. The temperatures here can dip down below freezing in the winter but that’s all the more excuse to cuddle up and hold hands with your love as you explore this dynamic Minnesota town.
When you are out seeing all of the great things Duluth has to offer, you can relax knowing that there is a cozy, warm, and comfortable place waiting for you and your partner at the end of the day. Our casual and elegant accommodations are the lakefront retreat you have been dreaming of! From our Duluth bed and breakfast located in Canal Park, we have 120 feet of unspoiled beach for guests to enjoy.
You can look out from one of our decks to see ships arriving and departing during shipping season or feel the peaceful quiet of the winter months as you look out across the tranquil Lake Superior. If you want the perfect lakeshore getaway this season book your stay with us today!
The Most Romantic Things to do in Duluth
February and other winter months may be the best time to get romantic in Duluth! Crowds have thinned out, the area is quieter, and the stark beauty of the landscape is more apparent during these cold, clear days. There are many ways to say “I love you” in this lakefront city. From exploring a winter beach to cozying up at a brewery with that special someone, you are sure to find the reconnection you have been searching for. Here are the 7 most romantic things to do in Duluth this February.
- One of the most romantic things to do in Duluth is to cuddle up to your sweetie on a carriage ride. With Top Hat Carriages, you’ll ride through Canal Park, several downtown locations, and even along the Lakewalk. If you want more horse-drawn fun, Positive Energy Outdoors offers winter sleigh rides and wagon rides through a wintry landscape.
- Duluth has a history of brewing beer that goes way back in this Minnesota town. Known for an award-winning craft beer scene, visiting a brewery or brewpub with your sweetie is a must! Bent Paddle Brewery offers a taproom, and tours for a fun date night. If you are looking for a romantic ambiance, you can cozy up in the warm atmosphere in comfy seating at Ursa Minor while sipping some delicious “comfort beer”.
- Bundling up and going for a walk through Canal Park is one of the more romantic things to do in Duluth. Enjoy the views while walking hand in hand along the water and underneath the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge. There are plenty of dining and shopping opportunities to savor a romantic meal and get a trinket that will remind you of this trip.
- Speaking of dinner, enjoying a romantic and cozy dinner is one of the best romantic things to do in Duluth. On the top floor of the Radisson Hotel is JJAstor Restaurant and Lounge where you can enjoy a fine dining experience in the 360-degree rotating dining room. You’ll see stunning views of Lake Superior as you savor your meal. Bellisios Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar serves up authentic and exceptional Italian specialties in a classy and relaxed atmosphere. If you are looking for a unique dining experience Zeitgeist Arts Cafe serves small plates in a working gallery space.
- One of the most romantic things to do in Duluth is to get in the car and drive along the North Shore Scenic Drive. This beautiful ride starts in Duluth and follows around Lake Superior crossing gorgeous landscapes of hills, rocky cliffs, and waterfalls. Stop by the rugged and picturesque Brighton Beach. Gooseberry Falls State Park offers winter ski and snowshoe trails. Split Rock Lighthouse and State Park is a not-to-be-missed Minnesota landmark! Tour the lighthouse and other historic buildings or walk the trails of the state park.
- A stroll through a city park is definitely one of the romantic things to do in Duluth this February. This outdoorsy town has plenty of green space to explore with over 100 parks to choose from! The Chester Creek Trail is a particularly picturesque walk, especially in the winter under a blanket of snow and along a creek with many waterfalls that eventually flow out into Lake Superior.
- Want a sweet treat to end a delicious meal? Head over to get some ice cream with your love to Love Creamery, a local favorite for locally and sustainably made ice cream. They offer unique flavors that are made in small batches to ensure the highest quality. Share a sweet treat with the one you love!
Relaxing Duluth Lodging For Your Getaway
Let our Minnesota bed and breakfast be your ultimate romantic getaway this winter! From our Duluth inn, you can look out over the peaceful lake and feel a sense of calm. In your uniquely appointed guest suite, you can relax and unwind. After a day of exploring all the romantic things to do in Duluth, you’ll find more romance at our lakeshore inn.
Enjoy amenities such as a private bath, plush robes to get comfortable in, and a gourmet breakfast prepared each morning and made with local and organic ingredients. Soak in the view of Lake Superior as you delight in your 3-course breakfast with items made by hand. If you are ready for a wonderful lakefront winter escape where you can slow things down and reconnect, book your stay with us today!