If a craft cocktail is your drink of choice, you’ll find a great selection of local Duluth bars shaking and stirring some of the best concoctions. From dark speakeasy vibes to big open windows with Lake Superior views, there’s a perfect space for happy hour or a nightcap all over this lively city. And while the weather outside might be cold, you’ll be warm and cozy from the inside out.
More often than not, you’ll be rubbing shoulders with the locals at these Duluth bars, giving you an inside look at the friendly midwestern hospitality found on the shores of Lake Superior. Before planning your date night and cocktail adventures at the local Duluth bars, plan ahead and make a weekend of it or a more extended getaway. Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is in the perfect location to explore all of Duluth’s best attractions, restaurants, and city parks.
You’ll experience some of the most stunning Lake Superior views from the windows of our cozy and beautifully appointed guest suite at Solglimt Lakeshore Bed and Breakfast. We’ll treat you each morning to a homecooked and healthful meal, offer the best suggestions to explore nearby, and you’ll feel welcomed with open arms.
Check out These Fantastic Duluth Bars for a Beverage
While Duluth is often more well known for an abundance of craft brewing establishments, fresh hard cider and cocktails are having their day in the sun. You’ll find some of the best Duluth bars within walking distance or a quick Uber ride from our lakefront bed and breakfast.
Check out these Duluth bars for happy hour or a nightcap during your next stay:
- Vikre Distillery: This Duluth distillery is creating some great spirits, all from the ice-cold waters of Lake Superior, and is considered one of the best Duluth bars in Canal Park. Don’t miss the cedar gin, aquavit, and fun, private tasting experiences.
- Canal Park Brewing: This local and family-owned venture has deep roots in the Duluth brewing community, and the alehouse on the shores of the lake is a community gathering space. Head here to toast a pint, enjoy the pretty lake views, and dine on hearty pub fare.
- Wild State Cider: During the chillier months in Minnesota, we often find ourselves on the hunt for bright, inviting spaces to grab a drink, and Wild State Cider is one of those great Duluth bars for some adult time. You’ll find classic ciders like apple and pear, but also seasonals including Rosemary Plum and Nordic Berry.
- The Rathskeller: This underground lounge is the perfect dimly lit space for a smokey whisky cocktail or a classic martini—ideal for a quiet date night out just for two.
- Fitger’s Brewhouse: Known as Duluth’s original brewpub, it’s all about award-winning craft beers and fantastic burgers (often voted one of the best in the city), including their vegan wild rice burgers.
- Jade Fountain Cocktail Lounge: This longtime iconic Chinese restaurant closed for five years but was brought back to life recently as a Polynesian Tiki bar with classic tropical cocktails and a laid-back 70s vibe.
One of the Best Places to Stay in Duluth, MN
While some cities shut down at the first sight of snow, in Duluth, we break out our colorful parkas and bundle up to enjoy the crisp winter wonderland of Lake Superior. Inside our Duluth Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be warm and cozy by the fire with a lovely glass of wine or a steaming cup of our signature coffee blend. Depending on the layout of your guest suite, you’ll curl up in a king or queen bed, soak in a Thermomasseur tub with air jets, or gaze out across the panoramic vista of the beautiful lake from a charming seating nook.