For one of the best views of Lake Superior with a cold beer in hand, Canal Park Brewing is the spot. As a local, family-owned venture with deep roots in the brewing community, this alehouse on the shores of the lake is a popular hub for visitors and locals alike to toast a pint, play a round of cornhole, and indulge in a hearty meal. The company has successfully operated hospitality businesses in the Twin Ports and surrounding areas for more than 50 years.
Of course, at Canal Park Brewing, the focus is the beer. And that dedication to creating flavorful and refreshing ales with the finest ingredients has garnered many local and international awards. In fact, six of their signature craft beers have taken home a prize or two. Most recently, the Great Loch Scotch Ale placed second in the strong ale category at the “Best of Craft Beer Awards” in the Pacific Northwest.
Our lakefront Duluth Bed and Breakfast is the ideal lodging choice for those looking to explore the local Minnesota breweries. We always recommend that our guests head to Canal Park Brewing for a pint to soak up some sun and the lovely sight of the sparkling water. Though you can’t beat the view from our Duluth B&B, every window in our space frames the lake for a beautiful sweeping vista. One of our favorite places is our sandy beachfront, just waiting for our guests to enjoy.
Canal Park Brewing & More Breweries in Duluth MN
Craft brewing began in Duluth long before the first brewery was open to the public, but now the state of Minnesota is home to nearly 200 breweries. Lake Superior Brewing Company was one of the first to hit the scene in 1994, and then many more followed suit. These newer breweries have adopted the old tradition of brewing with the pure waters of Lake Superior to create that unique flavor and diverse styles of craft beer in Duluth.
Canal Park Brewing is one of our top choices due to its vicinity to our B&B; on a nice day, you can head out on foot for about a 15-minute stroll and be there! Check out our top five breweries in Duluth on your next vacation to Zenith City:
- Canal Park Brewing: The tagline for Canal Park Brewing is craft beer, great food, and amazing view—which is all true! One of the best ways to spend a sunny afternoon is on the all-season patio with a hoppy brew, a hearty sandwich, and gazing out across the lake.
- Fitger’s Brewhouse: Known as Duluth’s original brewpub, you’ll find award-winning ales and lagers here. Pair those with fantastic burgers (often voted one of the best in the city), including their one-of-a-kind wild rice burgers, the ideal meal for vegetarians.
- Bent Paddle Brewing Company: The motto at this Duluth Brewery is to “bend the tradition,” creating inventive and drinkable beers while calling back to the history and founders of the craft. The modern-industrial taproom has a great atmosphere for enjoying a beer with friends.
- Hoops Brewing Company: You’ll find about 30 different selections of handcrafted beer to try at this Duluth brewery. This classic beer hall is “BYOF” (bring your own food), so feel free to grab a meal to go from one of the nearby superb restaurants.
- Ursa Minor Brewing: You’ll find one of the most exciting selections at this local brewpub. Check out the boysenberry cherry lactose sour of a coffee cream ale. If you’re more of a traditionalist? Don’t worry, they also have a classic Pilsner made with 100% Minnesota ingredients. Don’t miss the wood-fired pizzas too!
Stunning Views and Cozy Lodging at our Duluth B&B
Most of these breweries are within walking distance or a short drive of our lakeshore Duluth Bed and Breakfast. We can’t wait to welcome you to our serene and peaceful Inn on the lake for an ultimate getaway. Whether you want to check out a unique brewery or explore all this wonderful city has to offer, Solglimt Bed and Breakfast will be your respite from the world.
After sipping a pint at Canal Park Brewing or one of the other Duluth breweries, head on back to our lakefront Inn for some much-needed R&R. Our Inn has five unique and comfortable suites that will make your stay in Minnesota the best you’ve had in years. Join us this spring and book your stay today!