The Duluth Lakewalk is one of the best ways to see this beautiful Minnesota city without ever having to get in a vehicle! Loved by locals and tourists alike, this unique feature of Duluth is one of the most scenic walking and biking paths around Lake Superior. Here you can savor a relaxing stroll along the waterfront where you’ll find lots of points of interest along the way.
The Duluth Lakewalk offers incredible vistas, parks, gardens, and beaches that are away from the hustle and bustle of a busy urban area. That being said, the Lakewalk is also conveniently located near shopping, dining, and other great attractions Duluth is known for.
Let our lakefront bed and breakfast be your ultimate getaway this season! Our Duluth bed and breakfast is a tranquil escape for your ideal Minnesota vacation. We are located within steps of the Duluth Lakewalk and all of the incredible sights along the way. You can leave right from our doorstep and spend the whole day exploring without ever having to get in a car.
Retreat back to our Minnesota inn and enjoy time in our award-winning gardens and soaking in the views from our decks. Guests can also unwind on our 120 feet of unspoiled sandy beach for some private time next to Lake Superior. If you are looking for the perfect place for your Duluth getaway this season, book your stay with us today!
Walk The Duluth Lakewalk
A fun and interesting way to get out and see the city of Duluth is to walk along the Duluth Lakewalk, which not only has great views of Lake Superior but also boasts some of the top attractions that this Minnesota city has to offer. Many people walk the main 3 miles of the lakewalk and don’t realize that you can continue this stroll for another 4 miles making it a total of a 7.25-mile stretch. There are many reasons to explore the Duluth Lakewalk but here are our favorite places to take note of along the way.
- Bayfront Park is a beautiful space on the harbor with a large grassy field where festivals, concerts, and other events take place all year long. It’s a fun place to explore and as you pass through on the Duluth Lakewalk you may want to check out the nearby Great Lakes Aquarium or the historic William A. Irvin ship and take a tour.
- Continuing along the Duluth Lakewalk You’ll find yourself in Canal Park with a great front-row seat to see the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge during shipping season. Here you can witness large cargo ships arriving and departing from the harbor. Canal Park offers not only lakefront access but is also in close proximity to great shopping and dining options to check out during your stroll. While you are here be sure to make a pit stop out to the lighthouse at the end of the pier where you’ll be able to see a great view of the lift bridge as well as the shoreline.
- The wooden boardwalk is the most traveled section of the Duluth Lakewalk and includes many points of interest like the “locks of love” pier posts and Uncle Harvey’s Mausoleum. Here you can leave the boardwalk where there are great beaches to hang out at and look for agates or sea glass. Rent a bike and ride around at Wheel Fun Rentals for an unforgettable time.
- Along the Duluth Lakewalk, you’ll see the Northland Vietnam Veterans and Korean War Memorials commemorating those who lost their lives in these wars. Past the memorials is the nearby Fitger’s Complex on Superior Street that is full of unique shops and restaurants for a bite to eat along your stroll.
- Leif Erickson Park is a beautiful green space where the Duluth Lakewalk cuts right through and is a great place for some rest and relaxation. Here you’ll find the gorgeous Duluth Rose Garden that features over 3,000 rose bushes as well as other flowering plants during the summer season. There is a fountain, a gazebo, and plenty of benches that overlook the sparkling waters of Lake Superior. It’s an ideal place to stop and smell the roses, literally!
The Best Duluth Lodging
Our Duluth lodging is the best choice for your vacation to this beautiful Minnesota city! Located within just steps of the Duluth Lakewalk, we offer the perfect lakeside retreat. Our cozy and comfortable accommodations are set up with your ultimate comfort in mind. In our beautifully appointed guest rooms, you’ll find everything you need for the ideal getaway. Each room is uniquely decorated to reflect the beauty and eclectic culture of Duluth. Amenities you’ll enjoy include private baths with complimentary Aveda products, an electric or gas fireplace, sitting nooks, views out your window, and much more!
We offer a full gourmet breakfast to get you fueled up for whatever you have planned for the day! Our breakfasts feature fresh, locally grown produce and each meal is prepared by hand. You’ll savor 3 courses of bread, fruit, and the main dish as you look out over the glittering water of Lake Superior. If you want the perfect peaceful lakeside retreat that is also near many of the top attractions in Duluth, book your stay with us today!