For more than 30 years, the iconic Bayfront Blues Festival has brought thousands of music lovers together at Canal Park on the shores of Lake Superior. They welcome the most talented blues musicians from around the country to the big stage throughout the three-day festival, full of live bands, great food, and dancing.
The Bayfront Blues Festival is also one of the largest outdoor music festivals in the upper Midwest, with more than 30,000 fans celebrating the 30-plus acts on two main stages at Duluth’s Bayfront Festival Park. The event has come a long way, from its humble beginnings in 1989, on a rainy day with only 1,000 attendees! The event has grown exponentially over the years, and each year welcomes bigger stars to the stage.
This year, the Bayfront Blues Festival falls on the second weekend in August, with many other fantastic events coming up through the summer and into the fall. Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is ideal for those hoping to enjoy the action in Canal Park and Bayfront Festival Park. We’re just a quick five-minute drive or a leisurely 1.5-mile walk if you enjoy heading out on foot. Our five cozy guest rooms have everything you need for a restful stay. Check out our upcoming availability and reserve your room today!
The Iconic Bayfront Blues Festival & More Events
While the Bayfront Blues Festival is one of the most popular events each year, Duluth is such a lively city with art fairs, concerts, film festivals, and celebrations. If you’ve joined us at our Duluth Bed and Breakfast before, then you know that our location is the ultimate place to stay to enjoy all of the festivities at Canal Park and beyond.
Here’s a list of upcoming summer and fall events in Duluth:
- Bayfront Reggae & World Music Festival, July 15th: The 17th annual Reggae Fest showcasing internationally touring performers with unique food booths and craft vendors.
- Festival by the Lake, July 22nd: For a day of exploring various cuisines, local shopping options, live music, and family fun.
- All Pints North Summer Brewfest, July 29th: Meet the brewers and enjoy ales, food, and live music, and learn about the craft-beer process.
- Bayfront Blues Festival, August 11th-13th: It’s the 34th Annual Bayfront Blues Festival, and as one of the oldest and largest annual outdoor music events held in the upper Midwest, it’s a must-see!
- Art in Bayfront Park, August 19th & 20th: Support more than 100 regional artists, showcasing their jewelry, paintings, photography, ceramics, metalwork, glass, and more.
- The Tribute Fest, August 25th & 26th: This two-day event brings together the best tribute bands to raise funds for homeless Veterans.
- Lake Superior Harvest Festival, September 9th: Don’t miss this huge farmers market, live music all day, renewable energy fair, nonprofit exhibitors tent, educational demonstrations, and much more!
- Duluth Oktoberfestival, September 15th-17th: You’ll find one of the largest beer hall tents ever erected at Bayfront Park, plus fantastic German beers, eats, and traditions.
- Lake Superior 20/20 Studio & Art Tour, September 22nd-24th: Get a special look inside a group of local artists’ studios around the area. It’s a tour you won’t forget!
- Bienvenue Coffee Fest, September 30th: This event will bring together speakers, a latté art competition, live demonstrations, and vendors for a full day focused on coffee.
While the Bayfront Blues Festival is one of the most iconic events in Duluth, don’t forget to mark your calendars in November and December for the epic Bentleyville “Tour of Lights” when the Bayfront Festival Park is transformed into a sparkling winter wonderland with over 5,000,000 lights!
The Only Lakefront Duluth Bed and Breakfast
Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast is the ideal location for lodging for the music festivals and special events hosted in our area—not only are we a stone’s throw from Canal Park and Bayfront Festival Park, but our welcoming hospitality and accommodations are exceptional, especially after a long day dancing in the sunshine.
As a guest at our Inn, you’ll enjoy an extensive list of amenities, including an organic, homemade breakfast each morning, complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, and beautifully appointed guest suites. Our Inn sits on a long, sandy stretch of Lake Superior, and you’ll love relaxing in the shade of our award-winning gardens.
Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast has five unique guest suites appointed with beautiful and modern furniture and furnishing. All guest rooms have private en suite baths and stunning views, some offer Thermomasseur tubs with air jets, and others have double steam showers. We can’t wait to host you in Duluth; start planning your next getaway and book today!