When visiting Duluth one works up an appetite and a thirst hiking the amazing trails, walking the beaches or exploring historic sites. The great restaurants in Duluth have you covered. Whether you’re craving a juicy burger, handmade pasta or modern comfort food, you’ll be satisfied. If drinks are in order, a better beer selection cannot be found anywhere else, as well as expertly crafted cocktails. Also find an atmosphere for any mood. Fun, energetic pubs invite conversation, intimate cafes set a romantic ambience and nothing can beat dining with beautiful Lake Superior views. Top off a wonderful evening out with more amazing lakeside views staying at the Solglimt Bed and Breakfast. Our guests enjoy elegant, comfortable rooms right at the water’s edge. Savor your morning gourmet breakfast on our scenic deck or watch the sunset on our rooftop deck with panoramic views. Reserve your perfectly appointed guest suite for a wonderful fall getaway to Duluth.
10 Great Restaurants in Duluth
It’s hard to limit the list to only 10 great restaurants. Duluth offers so many dining options, and each place has its own unique personality. There’s certainly something for any palate or occasion.
- Canal Park Brewing Company – Come here for great beer, yummy small bites or a satisfying gourmet burger. They also have great sandwiches and vegetarian options. If you can’t decide on which beer to have with dinner, try a flight. The sunny patio offers great views and in the evening cozy up around the fire pit.
- Bellisio’s Italian Restaurant & Wine Bar – Their massive wine selection has the perfect match for wonderful pasta dishes, homemade risotto, fresh seafood and mouthwatering steak dinners. Sample a flight, sip a glass or share a bottle of great wine on their breezy patio with lake views.
- Lake Avenue Restaurant – Who knew a renovated mattress factory could transform into a romantic cafe made for special occasions. Not only is the food full of flavor the setting is one-of-a-kind, with custom made booths and a rustic reclaimed lumber bar. One warm nights enjoy open air dining on deck.
- Va Bene – Hand-made is the key word here. In addition to freshly made pastas, and gnocchi, all the sauces, dressings, and breads are made from scratch. Be sure to save room for their creamy gelatos and sorbets. All served with great views of Lake Superior.
- Pickwick Restaurant & Pub – Built in 1914, the building is a Duluth landmark and a treasure of old world craftsmanship. The dramatic wood-beamed ceiling and fine stained glass enhances any meal in the beautiful dining room. An excellent cocktail tastes even better when enjoying happy hour at the ornate bar.
- Hanabi Japanese Cuisine – For authentic Japanese food and the best sushi in Duluth, plan a night here. Their full bar also includes beer, wine and a vast selection of sake. Maybe try a few sake bombs with your perfectly season sushi.
- Zeitgeist Arts Cafe – Everything needed for the perfect date night can be found here. Classic comfort food gets an elegant twist at this cafe that also has a movie theater and stage. After dinner relax with a handcrafted cocktail in the lounge before the evening show.
- Endion Station Public House – Once a bustling train station, built in 1899, now visitors come here for fantastic pub fare, craft beers and ciders. Their enormous deck also offers diners wonderful views of Lake Superior.
- At Sara’s Table – One of the best and freshest farm-to-table menus can be found here. The on-site garden even supplements the ingredients. This cozy cafe, near the University of MN, Duluth, offers excellent internationally inspired cuisine. Savor your dinner in an intimate booth or next to the romantic fireplace.
- Scenic Café – Just a few miles up the North Shore find this little piece of heaven. Dine in a serene setting at this homey cafe with its own gorgeous garden. The menu changes with the seasons to ensure the freshest local, organic ingredients in every dish, all presented with impeccable service.
Come visit Duluth during the beautiful autumn season and enjoy great restaurants on the shores of Lake Superior. Make the Solglimt Bed and Breakfast your tranquil getaway for a romantic fall vacation. Book your private suite with us today.